|Clomid PCT (Post Cycle Therapy)|
Brand names: Clomid ®, Serophene ®
Active ingredient: Clomiphene
Clomid is a very effective treatment as PCT (Post Cycle Therapy).
The role of Clomid in men is mainly to stimulate natural testosterone production as well as increase sperm count.
Clomid is used in men that have low testosterone levels and those who have low sperm count.
It has been proven very effective for promoting the secretion of LH (Luteinizing hormone).
LH is responsible in men for the production of testosterone by the leydig cells of the testes.
Clomid is also widely used among athletes and bodybuilders who have used anabolic steroids, hormones and other performance enhancing substances. In these individuals, Clomid have a strong effect as Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) in encouraging the body to produce testosterone naturally.
Even short term use of steroids for several weeks have been shown in medical studies to suppress the body's own natural production of testosterone.
Abuse of steroids, hormones and some banned substances have negative effects on the body, some of which Clomid therapy may help tremendously with.
Clomid may be used alone or in conjunction with HCG. There are many different protocols out there and it is important to emphasize that only a licensed doctor can give directions for individuals use. You may wish to consult with an endocrinologist with experience working with athletes.
- Problem: Shrinkage of the testes
Solution: Clomid may help bring back "the boys"
- Problem: Decreased natural testosterone production in the body
Solution: Clomid helps your body to produce testosterone
- Problem: Infertility due to lack of sperms
Solution: Clomid may help your body produce sperms
The regimen in which Clomid should be used depends on the individual condition, how long has he been using steroids, what types of steroids and if HCG was used mid-cycle or not.
Some common Clomid regimen include:
- Clomid 100mg (1 tab morning + 1 tab night) taken for 3 weeks, followed by another 3 weeks in which only 50mg (one tablet) of Clomid is taken. Most start Clomid use 3-6 days after the cycle is over. That allows Clomid to start working and overlap with exogenous testosterone that is still in the body. Bodybuilders who decided to wait 3 weeks or longer after the cycle to start Clomid may feel a "crash". That's the reason so many switch to start using it a few days after the cycle is over.
- Some advocate the additional use of HCG during the first 3 weeks of Clomid usage, at about 1500iu taken 3 times a week. In that case, Clomid is taken 100mg for the first 3 weeks, along with Monday / Wednesday / Friday injections of HCG (1000iu to 2500iu each) done for the first 3 weeks. The next 3 weeks are followed with 50mg of Clomid a day, in hope to achieve a synergistic effect with Clomid and/or HCG.
- Some medical studies may suggest Nolvadex is also effective in increasing LH levels, as it works quite similar to the way Clomid works. For that reason, some add 10mg to 20mg of Nolvadex daily to their post cycle therapy.
Many medical studies by reputable medical centers and universities have found Clomid to be very effective for men.
For example, one study done on 36 men with a low testosterone production.
Subjects were given only 25mg/day of Clomid (half a pill a day).
After just 4-6 weeks their testosterone increased significantly.
Testosterone increased from 248 ng/dl before treatment to 610 ng/ml after treatment,
that's more than double the testosterone.
|Article published on British Journal of Sexual Medicine, 2005 Sep|
Section of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, 06100 Ankara-Turkey
|AIM: Symptomatic late-onset hypogonadism is associated not only with a decline in serum testosterone, but also with a rise in serum estradiol. These endocrine changes negatively affect libido, sexual function, mood, behavior, lean body mass, and bone density. Currently, the most common treatment is exogenous testosterone therapy. This treatment can be associated with skin irritation, gynecomastia, nipple tenderness, testicular atrophy, and decline in sperm counts. In this study we investigated the efficacy of clomiphene citrate in the treatment of hypogonadism with the objectives of raising endogenous serum testosterone (T) and improving the testosterone/estrogen (T/E) ratio. METHODS: Our cohort consisted of 36 Caucasian men with hypogonadism defined as serum testosterone level less than 300 ng/dL. Each patient was treated with a daily dose of 25 mg clomiphene citrate and followed prospectively. Analysis of baseline and follow-up serum levels of testosterone and estradiol levels were performed. RESULTS: The mean age was 39 years, and the mean pretreatment testosterone and estrogen levels were 247.6 +/- 39.8 ng/dL and 32.3 +/- 10.9, respectively. By the first follow-up visit (4-6 weeks), the mean testosterone level rose to 610.0 +/- 178.6 ng/dL (P < 0.00001). Moreover, the T/E ratio improved from 8.7 to 14.2 (P < 0.001). There were no side effects reported by the patients. CONCLUSIONS: Low dose clomiphene citrate is effective in elevating serum testosterone levels and improving the testosterone/estradiol ratio in men with hypogonadism. This therapy represents an alternative to testosterone therapy by stimulating the endogenous androgen production pathway.|
Link to original article on pubmed
For more useful information on the use of Clomid in men click here
ALWAYS CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE USING CLOMID
Click here to buy Clomid
THE INFORMATION PRESENTED HERE IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. IT WAS NOT WRITTEN BY MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. THIS INFORMATION MAY NOT SERVE AS ANY KIND OF BASIS FOR MEDICAL EVALUATION OR ANY OTHER MEDICAL ISSUE WHATSOEVER. ONLY USE CLOMID AS INSTRUCTED BY A LICENSED DOCTOR.
Order Clomid and save money
We ship to the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, Europe and rest of the world